If you have a criminal record, such as a DUI, DWI or another offense on your record and wish to travel to Canada, you may apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). A TRP is an application that allows to request to be granted the right to enter Canada for a specific time period even if you have a criminal record. In this application, you will need to demonstrate that you are not a threat to Canadian security and that you have a valid reason for needing to enter Canada.