When you apply for a TRP, it is a temporary solution. If you would like a more permanent solution, you may apply for Criminal Rehabilitation (CR) instead. You can submit an application for CR to the Canadian government. The current processing times are approximately 6-12 months. Once the CR is approved, as long as you do not get convicted of any new offense, you may travel freely to Canada as much as you would like. The CR application will aim to demonstrate that you have been rehabilitated since the offense occurd and that you have turned your life around and are unlikely to commit another offense in the future.